Raw Mango Green Pickle - Shobha Shenoy
- ¼ th Kg Green Chillies
- ½ kg Raw Mango (make sure they are sour)
- 8 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp methi seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or ½ “ pc of turmeric
- ¼ th tsp hing powder or a peanut sized compound hing
- Salt to taste
- Wash green chillies and raw mango and pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel
- Make sure there are no traces of water as this can spoil the pickle.
- Cut the raw mango into fine pieces discarding the inner seed, keep this aside.
- In a clean vessel add half a cup of water and add 5 tbsp of salt and bring it to bubble boil and allow it to cool down.
- Meanwhile in a mixer jar/food processor add hing, methi seeds, mustard seeds, and grind it into aa fine powder, remove it in a clean bowl.
- In the same mixer jar add in the green chillies and grind it coarsely mix the spicy pdr n ground chillies n raw mango well, add salt into this,transfer it into pickle Jar