Bharva Baigan (Brinjol) in Mustard Oil - Prasad Naik
- First slit the small Brinjol - Baigan in 4 parts without breaking the tip, as shown in picture. Dip them in Haldi water for 15 minutes, take them out and keep them aside.
- Masala Preparation- 4 Onions long slit, 2tsp Jeera, 2 slit green chills, 1/2inch Ginger, 10 Black pepper corns, 2 tsp Amchur (Dty Mango Powder) all to be mixed. In Kadhai put 2tsp of Mustered Oil, add the mixture and saute it till Onions are brown.
- Then bring this to room temperature and grind in mixer without adding water. Add 1 tsp of salt and keep the mixture separate.
- Now fill the mixture in slit Baigan as shown and keep them aside. In same Kadhai add 2 tbsp of Mustered oil, heat oil on full flame till it fumes and then lower the flame. Add 2 fine chopoed Onion, 2tsp Jeera, 1tsp Amchur, 1/2 tsp Salt. Saute till Onions are light brown.
- Add Masala Filled Slit Baigan into Kadhai. Add 1 cup Fresh Chopped Coriander and 1Cup Water in Kadai for Baigan to cook well. Close the Kadhai with lid for 10 minutes.
- Then toss the Baigan softly on other side. Cook till Baigan becomes dark Brown from all sides. Your Bharva Baigan in Mustered Oil is ready to serve.