Unniyappam (Kerala sweet) - Shreela Sasidharan
- Rice flour..1 cup
- Water...1 cup..( can take slightly less)
- Coconut bits..sliced .1/2 cup
- Mashed ripe banana..1/2 cup..mashed in mixer
- Sugar..1/2 tbsp
- Elaichi powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- Soda bicarbonate...
- 1/4 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Jaggery +water..heat &dissolve.
- It should become slightly syrupy..but not thick.
- In a container take all the rest of the ingredients ( except soda )
- To this add the jaggery syrup little by little n keep mixing till u get a pouring capacity ..like idli batter...can add water if necessary.
- Now..keep Appe pan on fire so that it heats up
- Put little oil in each hole
- Now add 1/4 tsp soda to the batter n mix it well
- Using a spoon add batter into each hole ..abt 3/4 th full.
- First heat to medium hot.
- Then lower the flame so that it gets cooked inside.
- When it starts leaving the sides..Flip over & cook on the other side as well.
- Check if cooked using tooth pick.Remove when done.