Homemeade Ricotta Cheese - Preeti Prasad
- Full cream milk 2 lts
- Thick cream /Full cream 500 ml
- Salt -less than 1/2 tbsp
- White vinegar - 75 ml
- Mix the milk ,salt and cream in a heavy bottom pan.Keep it on medium flame for 20 mins.Once you see the thin layer of cream being formed add vinegar and stir for 15 secs.After 2 mins switch off the flame.
- Leave it aside for 20 mins.The curd gets collected on the top.
- Use a muslin cloth or collander to strain the cheese and seperate the whey.Collect the whey in another vessel.Hang the muslin cloth to a tap and keep a vessel below to collect the whey for 30 mins .
- Then keep it in a perforated container or vessel with a bowl underneath so that the remaining whey will drip out.Keep it in frigde for about 2 to 2.5 hrs so that the cheese becomes firm.