Garlic Aloo - Shamala Bhat
- 15 potatoes (small variety) or ordinary potato cut into big pieces.
- 10 red chilli
- 12-14 garlic cloves
- 8-to 9 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp jeera.
- Salt to taste.
- Boil whole potato peel .if u r using baby potato es then poka them. Don't cut.
- Soak the red chilli and little tamarind in little hot water for 10 minutes . Then graind fine masala using garlic with soaked red chilli and tamarind along with salt .
- Mix boil potato with it and keep it for 15 minutes.
- Now take a kadai put oil and add jeera when it pops add coated potatoes in pan.Turn over for some time in low flame .
- Remove from the flame and serve with chapathi . Poori or with curd rice.