Drumstick Pickle - Preeti Prasad
- 2 tender drumsticks chopped to 1" or 2" length
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 to 3 tsp red chilli powder(Depends on your spice intake level)
- 2 tsp methi seeds dry roasted and powdered
- Lemon sized tamrind
- Salt to taste
- 90 ml oil
- Few curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp channa dal
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/4 tsp haldi
- Dry roast methi seeds and blend to make fine powder.
- Soak tamrind in 1/2 glass hot water.
- Heat 80 ml oil in a wok .Add the chopped drumsticks.Shallow fry for 8 to 10 mins on medium flame.Then remove and keep it aside. In the same wok add chopped tomatoes, haldi and salt to taste.
- Cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.Then add the drumsticks and cook for 4 mins.Ensure the raw smell of drumstick is gone. Squeeze the tamrind and add the pulp in the wok.
- Add chilli powder,salt to taste and methi powder and mix well.Once the oil starts leaving the sides you can switch off the stove. Heat the balance oil in a pan.Add curry leaves ,channadal,urad dal and mustard seeds.
- Add the tadka on the pickle and allow it to cool.Store it in a air tight container.