Raw Mango Chunda - Vinitha Kamath Wagle
- 1kg raw mango prefarbly totapuri
- 1kg Sugar
- 2tspn red chilli powder
- 2-3 tspn Salt
- 1 tspn dry ginger pwdr
- 8-10 cardamom powder
- Clean, remove skin & grate raw mango( see that mango is not too sweet or too sour..just medium)
- Take a big kadai or flat pan add sugar & very little water & let it melt to caramalise it, keep stiring on low sim but dnt let it burn.
- Then when almost caramalised, add the grated mangoes...keep stiring in between..keep flame on sim...if flame is medium keep stiring...then add salt, ginger pwdr, red chillies, elichi pwdr...when the syrup comes to a consistency & mango is almost cooked switchu of the gas.
- Let it cool & then bottle it. This last for more then a year, no need to refrigerate...