Masala Appo - Tanushree Aich
- Raw Rice : Urad Dal proportion 2:1. Soak both separately for about 3 hrs.
- Grind them into a semi fine paste using a grinder.
- Both urad dal n rice to be ground separately with very little water. Mixed the two & let it ferment overnight for about 9-10 hrs.
- Next morning the batter will bubble n double in quantity, add lil salt.
- To the ready batter add a tempering of chopped onions, cumin seeds & chopped green chillies
- Also add chopped coriander & curry lvs & grated ginger
- Heat the appe kayli/ paniyaram pan pour lil oil into each compartment
- Pour a tbsp full of batter, let it cook well with the lid on
- Once it turns crispy , turn them n let the other side cook.
- Serve hot!!