Eggless Dinner Rolls - Preethi Prasad
- 3 cups Maida/AFP
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 11 gms/ 1 Sachet instant yeast
- 2 tbsp melted butter and some extra butter for brushing
- Herbs of your choice for topping
- 1.5 cups warm water
- Add yeast ans sugar to warm water and set it aside for 10 mins or till it froths.
- Mix the flour,salt to taste,melted butter and yeast mixture and knead the sticky dough for 8 to 10 mins.I added 2 tsp of olive oil while kneading the dough.
- Cover the sticky dough with a clean towel and keep it in a warm place to rise for 20 mins.I kept it in the microwave.(do not switch on the microwave).
- After 20 mins,dust some flour on your palms and roll them into small balls and place it on the baking tray.Let it again raise for 20 mins.Brush some butter and Sprinkle some herbs on the top.
- Preheat the oven at 180C for 10 mins.Place the tray in the preheated oven for 10 mins.Brush some butter again and bake for 10 more mins.Increase the temp to 220C and bake for 10 mins.You get a nice brown crust on the top.