Raw papaya majjigehuli/ Kadhi - Preethi Prasad
- 1 medium size raw papaya peeled and cut into medium size pcs half boiled with salt as per taste and keep it aside.
- Channa dal 3 tbsp
- Jeera 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Grated fresh coconut 3 tbsp optional
- Dhania patta paste 1 tbsp
- Dhania 2 tsp
- Curd 500 ml
- Soak channa dal,jeera,dhania,black pepper for 2 hrs.Grind all these along with corriander paste and grated coconut to make a fine paste.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.Add hing 1/4 tsp and mustard. Add boiled raw papaya and then add the ground masala paste.Add curd and 1/2 cup water or a little more and let it simmer for 5 mins .Add salt as per taste.
- Keep stirring and ensure it does not burn.
- Garnish with mustard tadka and masala chilli soaked in curd and sun dried.
- Enjoy with hot rice and ghee or phulkas.