Rajma Horsegram Sambar - Preethi Prasad
- Handfull of Rajma soaked overnight
- Handfull of horsegram soaked for 2 hrs
- Handfull of green moong dal soaked for 2 hrs
- Handfull of yellow moongdal soaked for 2 hrs
- Handfull of peanuts
- Soak rajma overnight.Soak Horsegram,yellow moongdal and green moong together for 2 hrs.
- After the soaking time pressure all of them together including peanuts upto 4 whistles.
- 2 tsp channa dal
- 2 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp jeera
- 3 tsp Dhania
- 15 pepper corns
- 8 to 10 dry red chillies
- Tamrind lemon size
- 2 tsp grated coconut(optional) i have not added coconut.
- Roast all the above in 2 tsp oil and let it cool.Once cool grind them to a fine paste.Add 1/4 glass of water to grind.
- Add the above masala to the pressure cooked beans.Let it boil.Add salt to taste,curry leaves ,fresh corriander chopped and also 2 glasses of water.Make it a little watery as it will become thick gradually.
- Keep stirring and once it boils switch off the stove.
- Heat 2tsp ghee.I have shallow fried mor molaga aka stuffed chilles soaked in yogurt and sun dried.Add hing and mustard seeds and put the tadka on the sambar/kootu. You can use dry red chillies for tadka.