Monday 4 January 2016

Tutty Fruity Cake

Tutty Fruity Cake - Nutan Shenoy-Kini

Recipe
For 200 gms maida, I took 1 tsp baking powder, mixed it well. Added 200 grams amul butter at room temp n blended with hand blender. Added a total of 4 eggs, one at a time, blending well in one direction only till frothy. Then added 2 tsp vanilla essence n 200 grams castor sugar n blended the mixture well to a ssss texture. I always coat the tutty fruity with maida, well enough for at least 15 min, then add them to the batter n blend. They don't come to the surface but spread evenly in the cake. After this, I bake it in an oven. Today my oven refused to work n last Friday of the month shops r closed. I was helpless. I poured salt crystals in the cooker, kept the grid on it n placed the cooker to heat.Greased a loaf mould n placed it in the cooker on hi for 20 mins without whistle n on sim fr 50 min thereafter, n lo n behold, I had the fluffiest tutty fruity cake on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment