Capsicum Pickle - Vanditha Bhakta
- Capsicum, medium size - 2
- To roast and powder
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 teaspoon
- To grind
- Fenugreek powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Juice of 1 big lemon
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Oil (preferably Sesame Oil) - 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Wash the green peppers, remove the stalk and finely dice them.
- Heat a frying pan and toast the fenugreek seeds. Powder it once it is cool and set aside.
- In the same frying pan add the 3 tablespoons of oil and once it is hot add the mustard seeds. Now add the chopped peppers and a pinch of salt and sautee it until it is cooked well. Mine is an electric range and it took approximately 12 minutes.
- While the capsicum is cooking, in a blender grind together the ingredients listed. Save the extra fenugreek powder for later.
- Once the capsicum is cooked well add the ground paste and mix together. Let this cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- If you wish you can add another teaspoon of oil to the pickle before removing it from the stove top and mix it well.
- Transfer to a clean container which has a lid and close it when it has cooled completely.