Pumpkin Soup - Chandrika Kini
- 1kg pumpkin peeled, deseeded & chopped
- 1 potato peeled & cubed
- 2 onions chopped.
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- 4Tbsps of oil
- salt & pepper as per taste.
- Heat 2tbsp of oil in a pan. Add chopped onions to this & gently fry till they become soft. ( shudnt be brown) add chopped garlic pieces & fry for a while. now add chopped pumpkin pieces & potato cubes. stir for few mins. then add water or vegetable stock . mix well. close the lid & allow to cook for about 10 to 15mins.
- Season with salt & pepper & boil for few mins.
- Puree this with hand blender. Mixer can also be used .
- Cut the wholemeal bread into small croutons. Heat the remaining oil 2tbsp in a pan & fry the bread pieces until it starts to become crisp.
- Serve this yummy soup with fried bread pieces.